For as long as I've known Ryan, he has talked about wanting to live in Alaska.
This past weekend, I experienced the breathtaking beauty of Alaska for the very first time. The Dental Clinic in Bethel flew us out for a site visit, so that we both could make an informed decision about the possibility of moving there. Ryan knew that I would love it...I was a little skeptical, and nervous about the unknown. However, after an amazing weekend of being very pleasantly surprised, I cannot wait to begin our Alaskan adventure.
We stayed in a very nice Bed and Breakfast right on the river....Huge ice chunks were already beginning to form....A few months from now the river will be frozen over and the starting ground for beautiful sled dogs, and racers from many miles around. The dry, cold air felt like we were back home in Montana...snow crunching beneath our feet. Our short, quick trip was filled with meetings and interviews...laughter and fun....the excitement of a new beginning, and weight lifted from our shoulders. The security of having a job...and the relief of my love for the town and the people. I truly feel that we will be blessed to live in that community...and that we will make memories and friends that will last a lifetime.
living in Alaska... what an adventures! my husband would love that as well. just happened on your blog tonight. :)
ReplyDeleteSo, so, so awesome! You better keep blogging! I want to hear all about it. Miss you!
ReplyDeleteMiranda