Monday, November 16, 2009

A New Perspective...

This morning the Bug got me...that one that bites every so often. And, if I'm lucky...he chomps down hard and doesn't let go for a good couple of hours. The cleaning Bug stuck around for more than long enough...I got our apartment shining like the top of the Chrysler Building (yes, I'm a HUGE "Annie" fan haha) and I re-arranged our entire living room. It's amazing what re-arranging furniture can do...it seemed to change my whole perspective on many things. Moving the bookcase (containing all of Ryan's crazy heavy Dental School books) made me even MORE thankful for the movers we have coming this summer, to pack our belongings for our Alaskan adventure. Bringing the plant from our bedroom out into the living room sunshine, made me realize how much it had grown, and that I hadn't even noticed! I was living in Rhode Island when it first grew roots...and had two little leaves striving to survive. Now it is thriving and growing...and I was too busy to see that it was so healthy and begging for more sunlight. Our beta fish, Arugula the 3rd (yes, we sadly flushed away Arugula the 1st and 2nd) is SO enjoying his new water, new view, and new perspective... We have a small dining room table, which is usually up against a wall to preserve space, one of the edges folded down...leaving us little room to sit down with eachother and enjoy our dinner(which is unfortunately few and far between.)The table now encompasses a corner of our living room...no edges down...round and ready for romantic dinners and conversations, after long hours at work and school...
I framed a couple photos Ryan and I had taken this summer...my first King Salmon caught on a fly rod......an amazing weekend together......now behind glass and hanging on our living room wall. For those times when we take each other for granted, and forget the special moments we've had...we'll walk past these photos and hopefully take a moment to remember...and to appreciate eachother...
All day I've felt...ummm....homemaker-ish...haha Maybe it's the chilly weather outside...or the nostalgia of old photographs...I wanted Ryan to come home from school tonight, and walk in to a home filled with the aroma of yummy food cooking... and a clean, re-arranged apartment...for an appreciation of what, over time, we may have forgotten. With asparagus soup simmering on the stove top, music filled the air...and greeted him with a warm welcome of love...and new perspective...

No comments:

Post a Comment