Friday, September 3, 2010

The Simple Things


It's fun how little things in your everyday life can bring you so much joy. When we moved from Ann Arbor, I had to get rid of all of my plants. Now, thanks to good friends and garage sales, our house is filled with beautiful foliage....Ryan says he doesn't even need to leave the house to hunt, he'll just put up a tree stand in our living room. hahaha That may be exaggerating just a little bit honey. :) I have absolutely enjoyed the process.... bringing home a plant that needs a lot of TLC...and a bigger pot to let their roots expand and grow. Digging my fingers into the dirt....trying not to over water them, when they look SO thirsty! My favorite plant is one of the very first ones I got here in Bethel...we were still living on Prison Row. It was pretty sad looking...with only 4 little leaves....but it still brought much needed life to that little apartment. I've never considered myself a green-thumb....but I have a new found love for the feeling I get when my plants start to thrive. This little plant is growing so much every day....new leaves popping up from beneath the soil... I'm like a proud mom...haha - It makes me smile...

No comments:

Post a Comment