Friday, December 10, 2010

December...

I remember being little, laying on the living room floor next to the Christmas tree. The twinkling lights making beautiful designs on the wall. Mary and Joseph waiting anxiously in the nativity scene for the arrival of baby Jesus. Presents tempting our fingers and filling us with excitement and anticipation. The freshly cut tree we just brought in from the ranch....chosen carefully and with love, fills the entire house with one of my favorite smells of all time. Every year, as the lights are hung, and the presents are carefully wrapped.... I close my eyes...take in a deep breath...and there I am...laying on my parents living room floor in my pink jammies....too excited to sleep and filled with the wonder and beauty of the Christmas season...
(I bought this wreath from a very cute little boyscout...and it smells amazing)



Happy Holidays!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment