Friday, January 21, 2011

On My Fifth Birthday...

...I got my ears pierced. My mom asked me yesterday if I remember that day...she said I was SO excited... heehee. I was SUCH a girlie girl... I wouldn't wear jeans (because they were for boys)...I would NOT wear brown or blue or black (those were boy colors)...I LOVED when my mom would paint my nails... and my hair was always fixed :) Even though I don't completely remember that day, soooo many years ago, I can still feel that tickle of nervousness and excitement that I know I must have felt...

Growing up, my birthdays were often times a shared Celebration with my Grandpa George, who's Birthday was just a few days after mine. This is the first year that Grandpa will not be turning a year older with me...but I KNOW he will be here, celebrating with me in Spirit....

My 25th was definitely one of the most memorable. Wow, I can't believe it's been SIX years....
It was a night I will never forget....
I went out with friends from work.
First Bar, First Drink...super cute boy playing pool :)
On our way out, I was walking by and grabbed his arm..."We are leaving, but I just had to tell you...you are so beautiful." :) :) :)
He was speechless... haha
We find out we have SO much in common...and crazy coincidences. (Like, he lives RIGHT above me in our apartment building!!!)
I was in love.

....the story continues....

Life's path took us in different directions...years passed...Dental school in Michigan....Ultrasound school in Rhode Island...and oddly enough, a summer trip to Alaska for Ryan was where he realized I was "the one"...that ALMOST got away :) He carved our initials in a tree...and the rest is history.
He was BY FAR the best Birthday gift I have ever gotten....

Last year...The Big 3-0 was...amazing. I woke up that morning in Scotland...fell asleep that night in Northern Ireland. I spent it with some of the people who mean the very most to me in this world. It truly was...(spoken with an Irish Brogue)...Brilliant!!!

So here we are.
This day....31 years ago...my parents welcomed me in to this world. I have been incredibly blessed with a life filled with LOVE, and family and friends who mean more to me than words can even say. Today, is a happy day indeed....
(Silliness on my 27th!)

No comments:

Post a Comment