Our little "bungalow" is in a row of houses, right next to the prison. Everyone knows it as "Prison Row"....Ryan calls it "Death Row". haha


This is where I do laundry...it's surprising pretty nice on the inside!

One of the bedroom windows is missing a screen...and can be easily pushed open from the outside. This is our Bethel burglar alarm system. It makes Ryan laugh that this really does give me comfort.

Our bungalow is furnished, for the most part. In the kitchen, we have to be a little creative :)

I've always been semi-conscious of how much water I use, and try to not be wasteful. I'd turn the facet off while brushing my teeth....not let water just run down the drain unused...but never before have I had to limit the amount of toilet flushing, or shower time. I am a lover of long showers. I am a huge advocate of flushing toilets after use. Water limitation might possibly be one of the hardest adjustments I'll have to make. And after reading that statement I just wrote....I think my life is pretty darn good... :)

The whole time we have been here, there has been a major re-roofing job going on at the prison. The tar smell wafting in our bedroom windows prompted us to move our bed out into the living room. The other night, we crawled into bed early...popped in a movie...shared a bowl of popcorn...and thoroughly enjoyed our time together in our little Bungalow. Someday we will look back and laugh at the first weeks we spent here in Alaska...living on Death Row...
This is all so interesting to read! I want to know more about life in Bethel. Where do you do your grocery shopping? Can you get most anything, or is it hard to find produce etc. What is there to do for fun, other than the great outdoors? Do you have a favorite restaurant yet? Are you having problems with the constant daylight? Love you!
ReplyDelete